Our immune system consists of a set of connections of tissues, cells, and organs that could work together to keep infections away and maintain our overall immunity.
The immune system protects us from the attack of microbes and ensures that these pathogens do not grow to cause illness. Our human body for instance, provides a perfect environment for pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi to flourish.
Because of research, people basically know about what immune system is, but many interesting facts of the immune system are haven’t heard.
And so, let us find out something fascinating about how the immune system works.
1. Laughter is not only the best medicine but can definitely boost the immune system. Laughter can trigger the release of dopamine and other chemicals in the brain that makes us feel good by relieving stress. 20 minutes of laughter a day can actually go our life a long way!
2. Improper hours of sleeps harm our Immune System. Dark circles in the eyes are obvious signs of having sleepless nights that can hit immune system hard. Not getting enough sleep can weaken our body and make more susceptible to flu and cold.
3. Too clean can weaken our Immune System. It is proper to maintain good hygienic standards in life, but exaggerating it is too much. Over cleansing and using of antibacterial wipes, soaps, detergents, and others, and cleaning too much on skin may rob skin’s natural oils, which makes more susceptible to infections.
4. UV Rays can hurt Immune System. Catching some summer rays is good for your health, but that may not be always the case because it could put a greater risk of getting infected.
5. White blood cells are essential for Immune System. With the help of white blood cells, our Immune system helps fight off infections. These cells are like weapons against the offending organisms and acts as antibodies. However, these cells can only live up to a few weeks, but there are others to take their place. Interestingly, a drop of blood may have up to 25,000 white blood cells.
6. Too much working out can lead to infections. During a strenuous workout, your body releases adrenaline and cortisol, which can temporarily weaken the immune system.
7. Immune System can also be Self-Destructive. Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis are two common autoimmune disorders that which destroys healthy tissues. According to medical research, women are at a greater risk of developing these diseases; in fact, about 80% of people living with autoimmune diseases are women.
8. The Immune System causes colds. The symptoms experienced after catching a cold are not associated with the cold itself, but are produced by weak immune system to fight off infection.
9. Happy Relationships boost our Immune System. Interestingly, having a happy and healthy relationship with your family and loved ones is truly helpful for our immune system. Those joyful moments trigger the release of endorphins that makes us feel good, reduce stress, and give our immune system a total boost!
Boosting our Immune System is the key to staying healthy and alive.
The above mentioned fascinating facts are just simple reminders, but, it is also vital to generally maintain a well balanced diet, de-stress by exercising and some relaxation techniques, go on natural and organic, and of course, stay happy!
[share this good news!]