Mommies do you check the food labels when you buy it in groceries?
Maybe some knew that the ingredients used in packaged and processed foods are seriously detrimental to your family’s health.
But how incredibly hazardous it to your family is not that familiar.
So for moms who usually spent most of her time to attend to her families’ needs especially in food preparation, it is very important to get accustomed to this 5 most hazardous ingredients that should be avoided as much as possible.
[Listed below by BeWellBuzz]
1. Excitotoxins. MSG or Monosodium Glutamate and Aspartate are two most common forms of Excitotoxins.
When brain cells are exposed to this chemical in large amounts of dietary consumption, it may reach extreme exhaustion, or a near-death state. Meanwhile, glutamate in MSG damages pancreas, cause brain damage to children, and harmful effects on the nervous system.
It is commonly found in canned soups, diet soda, sausages, salad dressing, and processed foods.
Another is aspartate, it is widely used as artificial sweetener in softdrinks, cereals, ice cream, and so on. It is known to cause various neuropsychiatric disorders such as panic attacks, mood swings, dizziness, and visual hallucinations.
Here are the food additives that always contain MSG:
• Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
• Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
• Hydrolyzed Protein
• Hydrolyzed Plant Protein
• Plant Protein Extract
• Sodium Caseinate
• Calcium Caseinate
• Yeast Extract
• Textured Protein (including TVP)
• Autolyzed Yeast
• Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
• Corn Oil
2. High Fructose Corn Syrup. It is also known as Maize syrup, fructose, and corn sugar. It is a high calorie sweetener used in ketchup, jams, bread, salad dressings, ice cream, and even softdrinks.
Over consumption of this can accelerates aging, abnormal weight gain, and increasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
3. Sodium Nitrite. It is a kind of preservative present in salami, pepperoni, ham, bacon, hotdogs, and other processed meats. The red/pinkish color in it gives fresh appearance, but when ingested in large amounts reacts with stomach acids, can also trigger migraine and lung diseases.
4. BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole) and BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene). The two used to preserve fats and inhibit the formation of yeast. It is included in chips, cereals, butter, beer, and dehydrated potatoes.
When ingested heavily it can cause liver damage, metabolic stress, growth retardation, and fetal abnormalities. It is also considered carcinogenic that can increase the risk of all sorts of cancer especially the liver.
5. Gluten. It is starchy in substance found in wheat, barley and rye. Gluten contains gliadin which is a form of insoluble protein that can trigger allergic reactions and gastro-intestinal disorders.
Sensitivity in gluten can exacerbate conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, dermatitis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.