Research has finally revealed the secrets of coconut—an amazing fruit that has unique and healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). These unique fats include; caprylic acid, lauric acid, and capric acid.
Also, MCFAs are easier to digest, has anti-microbial & anti-fungal properties, allowing easier cell permeability for immediate energy, and processed by the liver, which means that they are immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fats.
According to medical research there are 15 Essential benefits of coconut oil and as elaborated by draxe.com:
1. Prevents Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure, because coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats. Saturated fats not only increase the healthy cholesterol (known as HDL), it helps promote heart health, and lower the risk of heart disease.
2. Cures UTI and Kidney Infection & Protects the Liver, coconut oil has been known to clear up and heal urinary (UTI) and kidney infections. The MCFA’s in the oil work as a natural antibiotic by disrupting the lipid coating on bacteria and killing them.
3. Cancer Prevention and Treatment. It is because of the ketones produced in digestion. Tumor cells are not able to access the energy in ketones and are glucose dependent.
4. Proven Alzheimer’s Disease Natural Treatment. The digestion of MCFA’s by the liver creates ketones that supply energy to the brain without the need of insulin to process glucose into energy.
5. Reduces Inflammation and Arthritis. In recent study, coconut oil that was harvested with only medium heat was found to suppress inflammatory cells. It worked as both an analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
6. Improves Memory and Brain Function. In 2004 study published in the journal of Neurobiology of Aging, the MCFA’s found in coconut oil improved the memory problems in their older subjects. As the MCFA’s are able to fuel brain cells efficiently.
7. Immune System Boost (antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral), because it contains lauric acid, which is known to reduce candida, fight bacteria, and create a hostile environment for viruses.
8. Improves Digestion, Reduces Stomach Ulcers & Ulcerative Colitis [along with Gallbladder Disease & Pancreatitis]. Coconut oil also improves digestion as it helps the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, calcium, and magnesium.
9. Improves Skin Issues (burns, eczema, dandruff, dermatitis, and psoriasis) [and prevents gum disease and tooth decay]. Coconut oil is wonderful as a face cleanser, moisturizer and sun screen, and can treat many skin disorders. Also, by swishing coconut oil in your mouth it denatures the bacteria and sticks to it.
10. Prevents Osteoporosis. The Oxidative stress and free radicals are the two biggest culprits of osteoporosis. Coconut oil has high levels of antioxidants which help fight free radicals, a natural treatment for osteoporosis.
11. Improves Type II Diabetes. When cells refuse to respond to insulin and no longer take in glucose for energy, then they are considered insulin resistant. Insulin resistance is the precursor to Type II diabetes.
12. Coconut Oil for Weight loss and Building muscle. It helps burn fats, decrease appetite and helpful in losing belly fat. The MCFAs found in coconut are also used in popular muscle building products like muscle milk.
13. For Hair Care. If you have dandruff or dry hair, coconut oil has the perfect fatty acids to help improve these conditions.
14. Coconut Oil for Anti-aging. According to research published in the medical journal Food and Function, coconut oil improves antioxidant levels and can slow aging. Also works by reducing stress on the liver and by lowering oxidative stress.
15. Coconut Oil for Hormone Balance. Studies have found that coconut oil may be an excellent fat to consume during menopause and also may have positives effects on estrogen levels.